1. Use of Site
2. Classroom Etiquette, Confidentiality, and Reciprocal Respect of Peers, Faculty and Staff
We aspire to cultivate an inclusive, diverse, and welcoming learning environment where students, instructors, and staff are mutually respectful and kind. If you experience any inappropriate behavior from a fellow student, or experience any other types of issues including technical difficulties, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive assistance and resolve the issue.
Please respect the personal boundaries of your peers, faculty, and staff and communicate all course-related matters and questions through the course platform and official emails, and/or when available, conference sessions you may book online by appointment during faculty and staff office hours.
Whether enrolled in a Live Webinar course or watching recordings, please understand that students' personal information, classroom participation, and course-related comments, images and media shared in forum discussions, comments and emails is to be kept confidential, held with care and respect, and is only presented for internal circulation within the cohort of enrolled students' learning experience, and not to be shared with, disclosed to, or described to others outside the cohort in any way, whether in recorded form or anecdotal reportage.
Please also refrain from giving unsolicited advice, or sharing other authors' and institutions' copyrighted materials you do not have express permission to share, and always credit your sources. Please realize that within our international student cohort, students' local regulations around the practice of medicine and therapies and the sharing and distribution of advice and materia medica will vary. Please note that legal regulation of the medical and healing professions in many places requires within a professional cohort a deference to the definitive opinion of the professionals with the most extensive training and licensure; please accurately represent your own credentials.
3. Understanding and Consent: Live Webinar Courses
When participating in a live webinar course, you hereby grant permission to Sowa Rigpa Institute, Pure Land Farms, and representatives to photograph and video you, and otherwise capture your image, and to make recordings of your voice, if you participate in class discussion or demonstrations. You may also opt out of appearing on camera while participating, or opt out of any class participation if called upon by the teacher: kindly simply state you do not wish to participate in the moment. You understand that the live webinars, including all student participation, are recorded to be subsequently viewable by all enrolled students. You hereby waive any right to inspect or approve the use of the recordings. You hereby release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sowa Rigpa Institute and Pure Land Farms, its officers, employees, or agents from and against any claims, damages or liability arising from or related to the use of the images, recordings or materials, including but not limited to claims of defamation, invasion of privacy, or rights of publicity or copyright infringement. You are 18 years of age or older, and are competent to contract in your own name.
4. Technical Requirements
Before attending webinars, you will need to make a free Zoom account, which you can sign up for here : https://zoom.us/freesignup/
Kindly familiarize yourself with the course platform and the Zoom platform before the first day of class. In the event you do not understand how to navigate them, you may receive assistance by emailing email@example.com
We strongly encourage you to have access to a reliable computer with a strong internet connection. While it is possible to access our online courses on your mobile or tablet device, it is easiest to participate in discussions and complete assignments on a laptop or desktop computer.
Please install on your computer the most recent version of the common browser of your choice: Google Chrome, Apple Safari, or Mozilla Firefox.
A secure, stable internet connection is:
- 25 Mbps (average cable internet): sufficient for streaming 1080p HD video
- 10 Mbps (average 4G LTE connection): sufficient for 720p video
- 5 Mbps (average DSL connection): sufficient for 480p video
You may test your internet speed here: https://www.speedtest.net/
5. Course Access
Most courses have an automatic setting for one year of access, which can be extended if needed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Occasionally, teachers request that students have shorter access times to materials; check the individual course’s informational page.
All live classes and events are recorded, and participants have access to recordings on the course platform (view only, not downloadable).
6. Cancellation Policy
If you enroll in a live (synchronous) class or program and subsequently realize that it isn’t a good fit for you, here are our refund policies:
- For live (synchronous) online classes and events with a duration of less than seven days: please contact us at least 24 hours before the event start date to receive a 100% refund. Refunds will not be issued after the start of the class.
- For live (synchronous) online classes with a duration of 7-90 days: please contact us no later than 24 hours after the first class to receive a 100% refund.
- For live (synchronous) online classes with a duration of more than 90 days: you have 14 days to participate, take a look at the materials, and explore the course structure before deciding it’s not right for you. Please contact us at email@example.com no more than 14 days after the date of your enrollment to receive a 100% refund, and if you are on a payment plan, cancellation of remaining payments.
If you enroll in a self-paced class or program and subsequently realize that it isn’t a good fit for you:
- Within 7 days of purchasing courses $499 or less, or 14 days after purchasing courses $500 or more, please provide us with a clear statement of why the course did not meet your needs, and we will provide a 100% refund.
7. Effective Date and Updates
The Terms are effective as of 1 December 2020 and are subject to change without notice by Sowa Rigpa Institute at any time. Please check for changes regularly. Your use of this Site after such changes constitutes your agreement to such changes.
We are glad you can join us! If you have any questions or concerns, kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org